Monday, October 16, 2006

confession

Ok. I lied. I did not quit the Express because I wanted to make a film. That was just part of the reason. But it was a reason glamourous enough to be spelled out.

More importantly, I quit to get a life.

I was tired of running behind assholes for some pearls of wisdom from their holy voice boxes. I wanted to relax. I wanted to touch life as it went by. I wanted to write, but on my own terms. Not to the dictates of what some half brained editor expected me to. I wanted to travel. And I wanted to be paid for all this.

Too many expectations.

Strangely, this time, they were fulfilled.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohh that was gutsy

18 October, 2006  
Blogger xxxxxx xxxx said...

Happy Diwali, Swati! :)

20 October, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i knew it. And it was a brave thing to do. i just hope all of us get that courage to live life rather than to be dictated-naveeta

27 October, 2006  
Blogger another wanderer said...

@Anonymous: :) It was gutsy and foolish and lots of things that I am secretly proud of...

@Naveeta: I love you

22 March, 2015  

Post a Comment

<< Home