Sunday, September 03, 2006

rambling

I wish there was an Undo key in my life. You know, some switch I could carry in my pocket, which helped me rectify all the mistakes I keep making on a minute to minute basis. Maybe I could undo entire days even.

I wonder at people, especially in these celebrity interviews who say that they have no regrets. How can you not have regrets? I for one, have more than my fair share.

I''d also like a Find option in my house. With the speed I keep losing things, this one is a must have. So often I have caught myself instinctively wanting to press the find option when I lose my keys or the ketchup bottle or other such important things.

The other thing I was thinking of yesterday was P G Wodehouse. Happened to read some of his short stories on the net, and marvelled yet again at his genius. I only have 12 of his masterpieces but have read them 4 times each atleast. Back in college, I used to know somebody who was doing her PHD in Wodehouse. Imagine that! What fun! Imagine doing a PHD in Calvin and Hobbes. Makes me want to do a PHD myself..If only I was the favorite niece of an uncle rolling in riches, and did not have to think of my aloo gobi - dal chawal...

3 Comments:

Blogger Vedant Patwardhan said...

so i meet another wodehouse fan. the first wodehouse i read was 'code of the woosters'...i was around 14 and even though initially i was a bit taken aback by the apparent harshness of his humour, i realised later on that it was just his style of writing. i've been reading (and re-reading) wodehouse ever since and have never felt bored.
you write really really well, swati...better than most people can ever hope to write. why the defeatist slant to some of your posts???

07 September, 2006  
Blogger divya said...

i LOVE P G Wodehouse! also do u kno that u get paid to do ur PHd at sum places? u shld chk it out... wot are u doing for the daal, etc. nowadays?

12 September, 2006  
Blogger another wanderer said...

naveeta : my number is still the same. was out on work - delhi bangalore, calcutta n now leavin for assam. will call u once i get back.

vedant : hmm...don't know..i usually oscillate between the extremes of pessimism and optimism...thr are hardly any in-betweens. So i guess, my posts just reflect that.

divya : nothing as `noble' as journalism..u can say...travelling for a living...doesnt sound too bad this way ;)

15 September, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home