Sunday, May 14, 2006

photography


I had always wanted a camera of my own from the moment I understood what it was used for. But I could never dare ask my parents for one. So the minute I accumulated my first Rs 10,000, after four months of working as an assistant with Anupam Kher's company, I decided to buy an SLR. A Nikon FM 10.

I had used click cameras before, borrowing from various people at various points of time. I remember taking a camera to Kerela, for my first long trek. I remember how it felt to look inside the view finder and see the world. It was the same world, but when it was framed by the four edges of my viewfinder, it gave me a thrill, like i was discovering it for the first time.Even now, when I look into the viewfinder, through the lens, I feel a connection with the outside world, that only a camera can offer.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love your blog! i'm feeling very overwhelmed after reading all your entries... suddenly realised how petty all my thoughts were which i slept thinking about last night.

feeling very 'jolted' :)

love ya!
sup

16 May, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home